In this article we’re going to explore the pros and cons of integrating the Dispensary Automated Cashier into your marijuana POS and why your customers care.
In order to ensure maximum flexibility we’ve developed the Dispensary Automated Cashier to be able to operate as a stand-alone unit or to be directly integrated into your marijuana POS or other cannabis related application.
First let’s review what each mode of operation does and why your customers probably prefer direct integration over stand-alone mode.
When operating in stand-alone mode the Dispensary Automated Cashier does not require any integration into your marijuana POS. Budtenders simple key the amount due in a similar manner to using a credit card POS.
This option was added so that dispensary owners were not dependent on their marijuana POS for integration support. Stand-alone mode makes it simple to get up and running quickly.
Direct integration is frequently touted as the most desirable solution by dispensary owners since it eliminates the need for manual data entry.
With direct integration your marijuana POS uses our API to message the Dispensary Automated Cashier so it knows exactly how much to accept without the need for manual data entry by budtenders.
Direct integration requires some integration efforts on the front-end by the marijuana POS which we’ve made straight forward.
Pros of Direct Integration
- Eliminate the need for budtenders to manually key in the payment amount
- Reduced likelihood of budtender error by accidently keying in the wrong amount
- Faster customer service since it eliminates one manual entry step from the transaction
Cons of Direct Integration
- Some development effort is required for the marijuana POS to integrate with the Dispensary Automated Cashier
- Can complicate support since it can be unclear if issues are due to marijuana POS or the Dispensary Automated Cashier
It’s easy to see why your customers value the time savings and reduction in human error that integrating your marijuana POS with the Dispensary Automated Cashier brings them.
For more information on integration please contact us today. We’re always happy to work with new partners!